87gr Vmax

I tested the 87gr Vmax on paper on Friday and to my surprise, it shot very good.  I was skeptical of the heavier bullets in a 1:10 twist barrel, but I was wrong.  They stacked up like hotcakes.



I mentioned to my buddy Steve, who was with me at the range, that I wanted to see how fur friendly the 87's were, especially compared to the Nosler 70gr Ballistic tips.

Fast forward to Sunday morning, we drove down south to the lower desert, did some exploring and found a few spots where it looked promising.

We made a few dry stands with swirling winds, then came to an open area.  It had grease woods and small mesquite trees, but was open enough to see 100yds or so.  After five or six minutes, I thought to myself, this should be a good stand, especially with the wind in our face.  Not ten seconds later, we all see this coyote come running in on a beeline to the call/decoy.

Steve, being patient, just sat and looked, even though he had a broadside shot.  He knew we wanted to test the 87gr Vmax on some fur.  As the coyote got right up to the decoy and call, Sean asked if I were on it with the video camera and the rest is history.

Center shot at 30 yards and we couldn't tell where the bullet went in.  I'm only running it at 2825fps, as I haven't had the time to see how hard we could push it, but even so, it did its job and I was very impressed to say the least.

Here's a small clip of how it unfolded.

Super 6 SD with 87gr Vmax's

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Glory" the 243

6 Super SD

Coyote Calling Academy Interview